FRIDAY DOEEEEEE. AM I RIGHT?! I’m currently lounging in bed, sipping on a smoothie, and getting ready to hit the gym. Excuse me, AFTER coffee. Almost forgot that.
Just here to pop in with my 5 favorites and articles/videos from the week – some interesting and sort of controversial ones on tap!
1. The all new So Delicious cashew milk ice cream
I haven’t even had a bowl of this yet, but I tried one spoonful when I was serving it up for a friend’s birthday and HOLY BLEEPETY BLEEP BLEEP BLANK. It is dynamite. Hands down the best non-dairy ice cream on the market.
2. My first in a while 2-a-day workout
Insanity for cardio in the morning and then a shoulder lift and run in the evening. I rarely ever do these, but my schedule worked out, and I got to go to the gym with a friend, so I was in my happy place. Sweaty session and refueling with my daily superfood shake!
3. My new found pasta stir fry obsession
I use bean pasta (vegan, super high protein, find at Whole Foods or on the VitaCost website), veggies of choice, a bit of soy sauce/Bragg’s liquid aminos, nutritional yeast, and hot sauce, and then top with hummus. Freaking delicious.
4. PB Banana Toast
I treated myself to some delicious PB Banana Toast for breakfast one day this week because I was really craving it! Totally abnormal breakfast for me, but that’s why I love tracking macros and “flexible dieting” (even though I don’t really consider what I do to be flexible dieting…).
5. These memes…and yes there are 5.
1. Sustainable versions of meat: A diet high in meat and dairy (what most Americans eat) isn’t sustainable! Check out what these awesome companies are doing to solve that
2. Large companies making huge changes: What are Cosco, McDonald’s, and Subway doing to change the world?
5. One vegan’s take on ex-vegans: Is there ever a reason to go back?